- Neck: 13″
- Shoulders: 42″
- Chest: 38″
- Biceps: 11″
- Waist: 37.5″
- Hips: 38.5″
- Thigh: 23.5″
- Calf: 15″
Weight: 152# BF: 27% BMI: 27
Body Fat (BF) % Categories:
|Classification||Women (% Fat)|
Understanding your Body Mass Index:
If BMI is below 18.5: considered underweight.
If BMI is between 18.5-24.9: considered normal.
If BMI is above 30: considered overweight.
BMI is only a snap shot of what’s going and one should look at all variables such as diet and exercise habits etc.
To maintain my current weight I would need to consume 1,966-2,185 calories per day (based on my sex, height, weight, age, and activity level).
Nutritional needs based on the aforementioned calories per day:
|Carbohydrates||222-320/246-356 g/day||885-1278/984-1421 cal/day|
|Proteins||50-173/55-192 g/day||197-689/219-765 cal/day|
|Fats||44-77/49-85 g/day||394-689/437-765 cal/day|
Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): 1,472 (based on sex, height, weight, and age)
Max HR for my age is 189 BPM (beats per minute) and my Target HR range is 103-16- BPM. This will be useful for when I incorporate aerobic (running, biking etc.) based exercises to my day.
One downside to being hit by a car, is being thrown off the wagon of regular exercise and good eating habits. It’s been over 9 months since and my physical activity levels have dramatically decreased. I’ve gain weight (fat mass > muscle mass) and inches (namely around my abdominals – more health issues occur with higher waist circumferences), & haven’t been biking as much (before I was hit: 20mi everyday during the week & 50+ over the weekend).
Fortunately, I now work at a Bike Share, which gives me access to bikes, though not the same as having my own. In the meantime, it is something and my commute to/from work plus test rides equals ~2-3 miles that I get to bike each day. I sometimes ride a couple miles through the cemetery or vacant parking lots. Additionally, I lift 6-13 bikes/day, 4 days/wk as part of my job. Each bike weights 52#!The weather is nicer and I’m getting outside more. I’m walking a lot and biking a little; I want to increase the biking of course and start running/racing again.
OK! now for the fun stats … 1RMs:
Even with all that said, there is some very exciting news…
- Bench Press: 105# (increased! I just starting hitting 100# & now I’m only 5# from my last PR 3 yrs ago!)
- Bent Over Rows: 90# (steady increase, 25# away from last PR 3 yrs ago)
- Dead lift: 210# (new PR! and 40# away from current goal)
- Squat: 145# (this was a bit of a surprise tbh but also the 2nd time I’ve hit this weight mark since last Dec and I’m only 5# away from current goal)
- Arm Curls: 30# (another surprise & the 2nd time I’ve hit this weight mark since last Dec & only 5# away from current goal)
- Arm Extension: 45# (new PR! since I surpassed my previously set goal, I have now up’d it to 50#)
- Shoulder Press: 30# (still keeping it strong and am 5# away from goal)
- Shoulder Shrug: 65# (still keeping it strong)
- Lateral/Frontal Shoulder Raise: forgot to test this one, so no data but based on othes probs still able to lift 15#
- Leg Press: 286.3# (8 [45#] plates plus 45# weight of machine)
- Calf Press: 477.2# (14 [45#] plates plus 45# weight of machine, maintained this PR from last assessment) my calves are small but mighty!!
- Leg Extension: 170#
- Seated Leg Curls: 170# (increased a lot since last assessment)
- Chest Press: 125# (new PR!)
- Lateral Pull Down: 100#
I am really impressed with just walking and biking a few miles everyday (hills and all) and the lifting I do at work I’ve been able to gain or maintain a lot of my strength and in key areas that I had previously been concerned about. I’m very pleased to have hit 3 PR’s this assessment round, one for each category too!
- Ideal weight
- For a person my height that is between: 110-140 lbs – so looking at 132 lbs with about 14% BF
- Each pound of fat = ~3500 calories
- Cut 500-1000 calories per day = 1-2 lbs a week
- Run ultra marathon: 50K
- The PGH Marathon was earlier this month and unfortunately, due to injuries sustained from the SUV I was unable to participate, so I’m planning to bike/run it next year.
- Bike a Century
- Complete a Sprint Triathlon
- This summer I still plan on hitting the trails (hiking, biking, running), go camping, travel some (small trips), do a bike tour (weekend trip to Ohiopyle and back maybe)