First time using the slow cooker, started out with this soup recipe and it came out delicious!
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 Parmesan rind
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1¼ cup celery, diced
- 1½ cup white onion, diced
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups zucchini, diced
- 1½ cups Ditalini pasta
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 2½ cups baby spinach, chopped
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (on top)
I prepped/ cut up all the veggies the night before, everything went in about noon the next and when I got home only had to add the pasta and remaining veggies
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato pesto, Parmesan rind, vegetable stock, water, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, oregano, rosemary, and bay leaves to a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Add in red kidney beans, great northern beans, zucchini, and pasta and cook on high heat for an additional 20 – 25 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the spinach and green beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve warm topped with Parmesan cheese and garlic toasts