Poblano and Portobello Fajitas
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or white onion, cut into thin rounds
- 2 large or 4 small portobello mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- sea salt
- 6 small corn tortillas
- Heat a large skillet and a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot add a dash of olive or coconut oil to the large skillet, then the onion and peppers. Season generously with salt and cumin.
- Cook until softened and slightly caramelized, stirring often. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- At the same time, add a dash of oil to the medium pan, then add the mushrooms. Season with a bit of salt and once softened and brown.
- Remove from heat, set aside and cover.
- Prepare guacamole: smash avocados, then add the cilantro, onions, jalapenos, citrus juice and salt
- 2 ripe avocados (smashed)
- 1/2 jalapeno (diced)
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (finely cut)
- 1/4 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or oven.
- Serve tortillas with peppers and onions, mushrooms, guacamole and any other toppings such as salsa
I adjusted the recipe to accommodate more people and made some replacements based on what I already had but it came just as good 😀